Fire Damage Repair and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Locally Owned and Operated
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Highly Trained Fire Restoration Technicians
Winter Can Increase Fire Hazards
Midwest winters mean a lot more time spent in your home. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) claims there are more than 360,000 home structure fires each year.
Some more prevalent causes of fires during the winter months are:
The U.S. Fire Administration identifies cooking as the leading cause of house fires all year long.
- Never leave the kitchen or hot appliances unattended while cooking.
- Keep paper products and other flammable materials away from the stove.
- Clean your stove and oven often to avoid grease build up.
Many home fires caused by lit candles are due to:
- Falling asleep without extinguishing candles
- Leaving something combustible too close to a lit candle
- Try to avoid smoking indoors. Most deaths result from fires that started in common areas.
- Keep smoking materials away from children.
- Before you toss ashes, ensure they are completely out by dousing them with water.
- Washing Machines and Dryers
Most dryer fires occur in the fall and winter months, peaking in January.
The majority of dryer fires start because the lint from the dryer is not cleaned out.
Be sure to clean lint filters every time you use the dryer. Do not run your dryer while you are not at home or sleeping.
In the unfortunate event of a fire, SERVPRO of Morton Grove/East Niles is ready to assist with getting you through! We are here 24/7 to aid you in fire clean up and restoration.
Have Questions? Call Us Today – (847) 983-4468
Why Choose SERVPRO of Morton Grove / East Niles?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
We’re dedicated to responding immediately when you need help with fire or water damage. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces cost.
We’re Fire and Water Damage Specialists
As water and fire damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- Odor Control Technician
- Upholstery & Fabric Cleaning Technician
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
Our Restore vs. Replace Mentality
We clean and restore your property using specialized equipment and cleaning techniques. Our “restore first” mentality reduces interruption and gets you back to your life.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
We live and work in this community too; we might even be neighbors. As a locally owned and operated business, SERVPRO of Morton Grove / East Niles is close by and ready to respond to your smoke or fire damage emergency. We are proud to be an active member of the Chicago community and want to do our part to make our community the best it can be.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. When various materials burn, the soot and residue they create differs greatly and requires a specific cleaning procedure. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the “typical” fire damage restoration. Learn more about our fire damage restoration process.
- Emergency Contact
- Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment
- Immediate Board-Up and Roof Tarp Service (if needed)
- Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)
- Removal of Smoke and Soot from All Surfaces
- Cleaning and Repair